JOB TITLE: Market Manager
JOB TYPE: Full Time
MANAGER: Company Director and General Manger
Goodwill Projects is one of South East Queensland’s largest and most dynamic markets, events and venue management businesses.
We began as pioneers of Brisbane farmers markets in 2006 and today we coordinate 12 highly popular markets across South East Queensland. Thousands of loyal visitors shop at our markets each week and we’ve helped create the platform to boost many small businesses into national household brands.
Our services quickly expanded from farmers markets to creating spaces and events of all shapes and sizes. Some spaces last for a day, such as the vibrant street party that is Teneriffe Festival and others are permanent, such as re-imagining the iconic South Leagues Club on the riverside in West End. Some are BIG, like a revolutionary new foodie utopia in the heart of the city, and some are digital, such as a curated online marketplace connecting farmers and producers and their products to customers 24/7.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Managing a market is like setting up a little shopping centre each week, without a roof and four walls. We connect the power, set up the seating/decoration, prepare the bathrooms, parking area and general presentation.
Our priority is ensuring each customer has a warm, welcoming, and fantastic time! We ensure every stallholder & vendor feels very welcome, is offered every assistance and the market has character.
The right candidate will take ownership of their market and will be hands-on at the Market on a weekday, a Saturday or a Sunday (not more than one).
Age and event experience is NO barrier to this role. We have team members from 17-78 working on our markets, its character, integrity, and drive which make a market special week in – week out!
This position is NOT Mon – Fri, 9-5 in the office. You will be on the ground at your market each week, in addition to looking after calls and emails during the week. This role is flexible during the week to fit in with study, family, or general day-day things.
Early morning starts form part of this role i.e., Approx 3AM. This is not applied to all markets, however, it forms part of our weekly farmers markets.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will love early starts during the week or on weekends, be able to work outdoors, be physically fit, and LOVE interacting with people from all walks of life.
You are a highly organised, confident, honest, people-person with a great deal of common-sense. Able to provide direction to others, with a smile and positive attitude – that’s 98.8% of this role.
You are very proficient with customer service, very comfortable coordinating emails and phone calls during the week, looking after vendor enquiries, and arranging stall placements each week.
In addition, you notice things like rubbish on the ground, signs which can’t be read, bottlenecks on walkways, with your superb attention to detail. This is then actioned through to resolution & completion.
And of course, you enjoy an active, vibrant lifestyle which might include a few weekend markets 🙂
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2 years administration, customer management experience, or retail / event / hospitality experience. Hospitality experience is preferred.
- Strong Customer service experience required. This role will involve taking calls and assisting with our customers with a wide range of questions.
- Highly organised with administrative tasks and managing your own time.
- Experience managing a team, you’ll be managing both the small team of market staff, as well as coordinating over 100 stallholders.
- Excellent communication.
- Being able to work in a team.
- Confident and comfortable putting your ideas forward.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and vibrant people – you will relish this role.
- Have your own reliable transport (on-site car parking available).
- Available to work on Saturdays, Sundays OR on-site one weekday each week
- Love early morning starts. Think 3AM early (not all markets have this requirement).
- $75,000 – $105,000 (Market location dependant) + Superannuation + KPI Bonuses
- 1-2 Day(s) per week onsite at the market
- Attractive working conditions with administration during the week balanced between office and WFH
If you are interested in this position, ensure the word “sunrise” is included in your cover letter creatively, along with a CV. Please send to email@example.com
Please call 0418150073 for more information.
Sign up to hear all our latest news & events and go in the monthly draw for $50 Market Dollars at your local Goodwill Projects Market!
No annoying emails (we pinky promise).