Market and Events Coordinator – Gold Coast
JOB TITLE: Market and Events Coordinator
JOB TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast. Travel to Brisbane Head office will be required during training
MANAGER: Company Director and General Manger
Goodwill Projects is one of South East Queensland’s largest and most dynamic markets, events and venue management businesses.
We began as pioneers of Brisbane farmers markets in 2006 and today we coordinate 12 highly popular markets across South East Queensland. Thousands of loyal visitors shop at our markets each week and we’ve helped create the platform to boost many small businesses into national household brands.
Our services quickly expanded from farmers markets to creating spaces and events of all shapes and sizes. Some spaces last for a day, such as the vibrant street party that is Teneriffe Festival and others are permanent, such as re-imagining the iconic South Leagues Club on the riverside in West End. Some are BIG, like a revolutionary new foodie utopia in the heart of the city, and some are digital, such as a curated online marketplace connecting farmers and producers and their products to customers 24/7.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Market and Events Coordinator provides invaluable assistance to the Market Manager in running a regular pop-up market three times per week. Setting up a market is like creating a ‘temporary’ shopping centre each week, just without a roof or four walls. We connect the power, set up the seating and decorations, prepare the bathrooms, parking areas, and general presentation.
Our priorities are:
- ensuring each customer has a positive experience;
- ensuring every stallholder feels welcome, and is offered every assistance;
- and the market has character and a great atmosphere.
The Coordinator must be extremely organised as they oversee the set up, operation and pack down of the market three days per week, ensuring they adhere to operational requirements, and keeping patron safety and comfort at the forefront of everything they do. The role assists the Manager in customer and stallholder management, communications, and executing administrative tasks for the market, as well as looking after vendor enquiries, and arranging stall placements each week.
Building the presence of the market through social media and promotional tasks forms part of this role. In addition to daily and weekly promotional tasks, the Coordinator has the ability to understand and communicate to their customers while fostering our brand persona via social media channels. Our brand voice can be edgy, creative, satirical, humorous, or informative, but always bright, warm, and welcoming.
This position is NOT Mon – Fri, 9-5 in the office.
The Coordinator will:
- Be hands on at their market three days per week, located on the Gold Coast
- Look after calls, emails, promotion, and administration doe the markets two days per week
- Administration work can be done from home, or from our Office
- Administration work is flexible during the week to fit in with study, family, or general day-day activities
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal person will love working on weekends, be able to work outdoors, be physically fit, and LOVE interacting with people from all walks of life.
We’re looking for a confident, honest people person with a great deal of common-sense. Someone who can provide direction to others, with a smile and positive attitude – that’s 98.8% of this role. And of course enjoy an active, vibrant lifestyle which might include a few weekend markets 😊
Age is NO barrier to this role. We have team members from 18-80 working within markets, its character, integrity and drive which make a market special week in – week out!
- A minimum of 2 years administration, customer management experience, or retail / event / hospitality experience
- Strong Customer service experience required. This role will involve taking calls and assisting with our customers with a wide range of questions
- Excellent communication
- Being able to work in a team
- Confident and comfortable putting your ideas forward
- Be proficient with customer service
- Be comfortable coordinating emails and phone calls during the week
- Have superb attention to detail and great initiative – noticing things like rubbish on the ground, signs which can’t be read, bottlenecks in walkways, actioning items through to resolution.
- Positive, enthusiastic and vibrant people – you will relish this role
- Have your own reliable transport
- Available to work on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays (occasionally Sundays)
- Goodwill Projects also looks after a number of large festivals and events through-out the calendar year, this can form part of the role.
If you are interested in this position, ensure the word “Sunflower” is included in your cover letter creatively, along with a CV. Please send to email@example.com
Sign up to hear all our latest news & events and go in the monthly draw for $50 Market Dollars at your local Goodwill Projects Market!
No annoying emails (we pinky promise).