Who we are:
An energetic, innovative, rapidly growing business based in Fortitude Valley. Goodwill Projects host a number of Brisbane's best known local & weekend markets. Ensuring set up, operation, customer enjoyment and quality are key components in our day to day structure.
Essentially an event management company - we place a strong emphasis on customer service and creative concepts. Working with hundreds of unique vendors each week - we love promoting the many foods, sights, sounds, and characters that make up Brisbane's best markets and events!
Our markets are a genuine, fun, and low cost alternative to shopping centres. We aim to bring unique goods and services, farm direct produce, live music and creative arts to the markets, while assisting micro businesses develop and grow.
About the role:
It's not often a role is solely focused on conveying food (glorious food), live music, fashion, accessories, handmade, lifestyle goods, gorgeous farm direct produce - and the amazing people who make it come together.
We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator with strong social media and digital experience, snappy engaging copywriting skills, and heaps of drive and initiative.
This role focuses on promoting a number of different market locations, as well as pop up laneway bars, night markets, Christmas events, and large festivals. You will be able to execute our marketing efforts across several brands and platforms, nailing our tone and personality. While being exceptionally organised, you are able to move between different locations online, remaining highly creative and 'on-point'.
You will be writing and scheduling social media posts; creating content to be distributed to stallholders, customers, and media; and assisting our team where necessary with marketing activities.
Great copywriting skills form a cornerstone of this position. From concepts to tone of voice, you are able to convey the smallest detail, through to the biggest event with linguistic flare. You'll have the ability to understand 'your customers' and foster our many brands' personalities that can be edgy, creative, satirical, humorous, or informative. Not just limited to puns, memes and one liners...
Bonus: You've got your finger on the pulse of everything fashion, food, politics and more. This might be the hottest new podcasts, an emerging dumpling trend in LA, or a photography format that the markets should use, bottom line, you're all things fresh, fun and creative!
* We are principally an event management company. Working within a fast paced office, having ownership of tasks and accountability is an important part of this role.
Key features of this role:
- Execute innovative digital marketing and social media initiatives
- Generate ideas, content, and copy to all channels, hitting the mark on tone (from humorous to informative) for each brand every time
- Manage all social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn
- Create content used for EDM's, Press Releases, and more.
- Liaise with press, media, influencer contacts
- Contribute where required in a fast paced, inclusive and upbeat office atmosphere.
- Work within the team in launching new projects, such as new markets, a B2C Blog, Podcast, etc.
Key attributes required:
- 3 years experience in a fast paced, relevant role
- Digital marketing campaign experience
- Social Media Management Experience
- Strong Copywriting skills
- Knowledge of PR
- Experience proof checking ads and preparing copy for print/post
- Awareness, understanding and experience with customer service, and possessing a great deal of common-sense
- Experience in content marketing, content creation
- Ability to assist across many areas in a diverse, energetic and busy office space. "Chipping in"
- You are creative! Enjoy group interaction and conversations about "new ideas"
- Love interacting with your attendees/customers and seeing 'your' contribution bring events to life!
- Superb grasp of the English language
- Ability to take ownership of daily/weekly tasks
- Exceptional organisation (diary, people, partner management), strong internal communication.
- Photography, Videography or Graphic Design Skills are a huge BONUS
If you are interested in this position, please ensure the word "tomato" is creatively included in your cover letter, along with a detailed CV.
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 + Superannuation. *Based on Exp.
Fortitude Valley based.
Please forward your Cover Letter, CV, and examples of your writing to Mark Power: firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Australian residents or permanent visa holders ONLY please. ***