Social Media Manager – QLD
Goodwill Projects is one of Queensland’s largest and most dynamic markets and events management businesses.
We began as pioneers of Brisbane farmers markets in 2006 and today we coordinate 12 highly popular markets across South East Queensland. Thousands of loyal visitors shop at our markets each week and we’ve helped create the platform to boost many small businesses into national household brands.
Our services quickly expanded from farmers markets to creating spaces and events of all shapes and sizes. Some spaces last for a day, such as the vibrant street party that is Teneriffe Festival and others are semi-permanent, such as the Milton Redcliffe, Carseldine or West End Markets. Some are BIG, like a revolutionary new foodie utopia in the heart of the city, and some are digital, such as Field Good, an online marketplace connecting farmers and producers and their products to customers 24/7.
About the role:
It’s not often a role is solely focused on conveying food (glorious food), live music, fashion, accessories, handmade, lifestyle goods, gorgeous farm direct produce – and the amazing people who make it come together. Our aim is to champion small businesses, offer a genuine alternative to the major retailers and create spaces where people can meet, socialise and thrive.
Most importantly, about you:
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager who can relate to their audience, who genuinely enjoys tracking online trends, loves variety, and demonstrates an uncanny ability to make words or images ‘pop’ turning creative ideas into meaningful, memorable (or humorous) content.
As the Social Media Manager, you’re a digitally minded person who is creative, well organised, confident and willing to share your innovative ideas with the aim to increase engagement and communicate effectively. You’ll work closely with the market management teams guiding creative direction and support socials, press releases, vendor correspondence, digital content – even podcast ideas or explore how A.I can better assist our customers!
You’re a team player who is open-minded, organised (ability to meet deadlines), career-focused, and loves interacting with others.
Key responsibilities –
- Developing and executing the Social Media Content strategy for Goodwill Projects Markets and annual special events.
- Ownership of all social media channels including content production, scheduling and monitoring of content across Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Identifying and executing fresh, innovative & exciting ideas through regular reviews of industry news, competitor landscape and trends.
- Manage projects from inception to completion, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly.
- Managing Social Media and PR briefs, including targeting and monitoring performance.
- Researching social media trends and recommending new content types.
- Assist in preparing briefs for designers and external partners, particularly when liaising with graphic designers and other creatives.
- Support and contribute to the development of our ‘farmers market and more’ Podcast.
- Provide copywriting support (humorous, factual, informative) for social posts, and preparation of B2B & B2C EDMs (currently using mailchimp).
- Partner closely with the community team to ensure social channels are reflective of our content strategy and consistent with tone
- Manage projects to ensure delivery on time and on budget
- Remain exceptionally organised and meet weekly deadlines whilst working collaboratively and individually.
Desired Skills And Experience –
- University Degree qualified in a relevant field (Marketing, Communications or similar) is preferred but certainly not essential. *Focusing on previous relevant achievements
- 2-3 years previous experience in Marketing Communications, Social Media, PR or similar – ideally within Retail, Hospitality or high volume FMCG.
- Passionate about Social Media, with the ability to effectively engage customers through innovative, relative content.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A high standard of attention to detail
- Have a proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships, through exceptional communication and engagement
- Able to manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Being agile and adaptable is key to success as we host constantly evolving markets and events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience managing relationships. In our case influencers and artists (chefs, bakers, photographers, singers, videographers etc)
- Has an interest in farmers markets and food/beverage/travel/dogs
- Career focused with long term personal and professional goals
Bonus Skills and Experience –
- Ability to create clever/appealing/informative and/or creative content using either an iPhone (minimum), Adobe Suite, Indesign, Canva OR Other (Not Essential)
Salary: $95,000++ (Based on Exp) + Superannuation.
*This is an in-house role. Fortitude Valley based.
**Want to show off examples of previous content, campaigns, concepts, copywriting, artwork, newsletters or more? Please include in a separate email or attached link.
***No agencies please
If you are interested in this position, please ensure the words “Cherry Ripe” is included in your cover letter creatively, along with a CV. Please send to mark@goodwillprojects.
Sign up to hear all our latest news & events and go in the monthly draw for $50 Market Dollars at your local Goodwill Projects Market!
No annoying emails (we pinky promise).