JOB TITLE: Events Manager
JOB TYPE: Full Time
MANAGER: Company Director and General Manger
An energetic, innovative, rapidly growing company based in Fortitude Valley. Goodwill Projects delivers some of Brisbane’s and the Gold Coast’s biggest markets and events, creating authentic experiences centred around food, drinks, music and community.
Our markets vary from authentic farmers markets, to vibrant makers markets. Our annual and special events include Teneriffe Festival, Christmas Twilight Markets, Barktoberfest and Seasonal Flavours. We are working with hundreds of vendors each and every week to seamlessly create a genuine alternative to large supermarkets and shopping centres, injecting value and vibrancy into empty spaces in our city, and providing a platform for local microbusinesses to develop and grow!
All of our operations, marketing, and strategy is executed in house with our passionate team – everything we do places a strong emphasis on customer experience and creative concepts.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the General Manager, you’ll love organising, overseeing and producing up to 20 special events through-out the calendar year. You are a highly organised, confident, honest, people-person with a great deal of common-sense. Able to provide direction to others, with a smile and positive attitude – that’s 98.8% of this role.
You are proficient with customer service, comfortable coordinating emails and phone calls with multiple parties, looking after vendor enquiries, site layout, logistics, partner and supplier negotiation – demonstrating your attention to detail and leadership across various tasks, roles and responsibilities.
Not to be forgotten, working with our marketing team – your ideas, concepts and suggestions both on-site and digitally would form part of our event promotions. Creativity is well and truly welcome in this role, this can be in the form of a social media post, menu item, decorations, theming and more. Please see some of the key tasks within the role:
· Plan and execute events and twilight markets of various sizes and types, from concept development to post-event evaluation.
· Develop event budgets and timelines, manage event logistics and vendor relationships, and ensure all details are attended.
· Collaborate with internal and external teams/contractors to create event programs, agendas, and marketing materials for events.
· Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure the event is marketed successfully.
· Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and policies and relevant permits and licenses are in place.
· Manage on-site event staff and volunteers, ensuring a smooth and professional experience for all attendees
·Provide post-event analysis and recommendations for improvement for events.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in event planning and management, with a focus on event sponsorship
· Proven track record of successfully executing medium-large scale events and managing sponsorship/partner relationships
· Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities
· Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
· Availability to work evenings and weekends (special events only)
If you are interested in this position, ensure the word “Banana-split” is included in your cover letter creatively, along with a CV. Please send to mark@goodwillprojects.
Sign up to hear all our latest news & events and go in the monthly draw for $50 Market Dollars at your local Goodwill Projects Market!
No annoying emails (we pinky promise).