Copywriter / Content Manager
Goodwill Projects is one of South East Queensland’s largest and most dynamic markets, events and venue management businesses.
We began as pioneers of Brisbane farmers markets in 2006 and today we coordinate 12 highly popular markets across South East Queensland. Thousands of loyal visitors shop at our markets each week and we’ve helped create the platform to boost many small businesses into national household brands.
Our services quickly expanded from farmers markets to creating spaces and events of all shapes and sizes. Some spaces last for a day, such as the vibrant street party that is Teneriffe Festival and others are permanent, such as re-imagining the iconic South Leagues Club on the riverside in West End. Some are BIG, like a revolutionary new foodie utopia in the heart of the city, and some are digital, such as Field Good, an online marketplace connecting farmers and producers and their products to customers 24/7.
About the role:
It’s not often a role is solely focused on conveying food (glorious food), live music, fashion, accessories, handmade, lifestyle goods, gorgeous farm direct produce – and the amazing people who make it come together.
We are looking for a Copywriter / Content Manager, who loves variety, is happy to juggle competing priorities, and can learn and jump into anything on the job!
As the Copywriter / Content Manager, you are a digitally minded person who is creative, confident and willing to share your innovative ideas and strive to increase engagement with your content. You’ll work closely with the management team to provide creative direction and support for socials, press releases, vendor correspondence, digital content – even podcast ideas! You are a team player, who is open-minded and motivated to share your ideas throughout the Goodwill Projects (Farmers Markets and Event Management) and various event brands.
Key responsibilities –
- Assist with content planning and concepting across our brands
- Researching social media trends and recommending new content types
- Assist in preparing briefs for designers and external partners, particularly when liaising with graphic designers and other creatives.
- Develop socially native content for IG/Facebook/LinkedIn/Youtube OR blog/podcast creation **tell us about your skill-set(s) and passion(s)
- Provide copywriting support and direction for social posts, EDMs and B2B across the brands.
- Develop concise copy for varying audiences using different tones or styles (humour, factual, informative, etc) within social media, email marketing and ecommerce platforms
- Manage internal approvals and deployment of digital assets
- Manage the content calendars across brands
- Partner closely with the community team to ensure social channels are reflective of our content strategy and consistent with tone
- Manage and organise content materials, and automate creative workflows
- Manage projects to ensure delivery on time and on budget
- Remain exceptionally organised and meet weekly deadlines whilst working collaboratively and individually.
Desired Skills And Experience –
- A tertiary level qualification is preferred
- 2-3 years previous experience in specialist or similar role
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A high standard of attention to detail
- Is up to date and curious about new trends, platforms, tools
- Has an interest in farmers markets and food/beverage/travel
- Career focused with long term personal and professional goals
- Ability to create creative content using either an iPhone (minimum), Adobe Suite, Indesign, Canva OR other
Salary: $90,000+ (Based on Exp) + Superannuation.
If you are interested in this position, ensure the words “matchbox car” is included in your cover letter creatively, along with a CV. Please send to mark@goodwillprojects.
Please call 0418150073 for more information.
Sign up to hear all our latest news & events and go in the monthly draw for $50 Market Dollars at your local Goodwill Projects Market!
No annoying emails (we pinky promise).