What we do:
Goodwill Projects operates and manages a number of weekend markets & events across Brisbane and South-East Queensland.
Who are we:
An energetic, innovative, rapidly growing business based in Fortitude Valley. We host a number of Brisbane's best known local & weekend markets, ensuring set up, operation, customer enjoyment and quality is a key component in our day to day structure.
Essentially an event management company - we place a strong emphasis on customer service and creative concepts. Working with hundreds of unique vendors each week - we love promoting the many foods, sights, sounds, and characters that make up Brisbane's best markets and events!
Our markets are a genuine, fun, and low cost alternative to shopping centres. We aim to bring unique goods and services, farm direct produce, live music and creative arts to the markets, while assisting micro businesses develop and grow.
About the role:
It's not often a role is solely focused on conveying food (glorious food), live music, fashion, accessories, handmade, lifestyle goods, gorgeous farm direct produce - and the amazing people who make it come together.
Looking after a number of different market locations, as well as pop up laneway bars, night markets, Christmas events, and large festivals - the ability to understand 'your customers' while fostering an edgy, creative, satirical, humorous, or informative persona via social media channels is at the heart of this role.
While being exceptionally organised, you are able to move between different locations online, while remaining highly creative. Not just limited to puns, memes and one liners- you would be very aware of social trends, and possess excellent copywriting skills.
* Exceptional organisation (diary , people , partner management ) and strong internal communication are critical to this role.
* We are principally an event management company. Working within a fast paced office, having ownership of tasks and accountability is an important part of this role.
Key features of this role:
- Brand awareness and concept creation.
- Ability to write humorous or informative copy - recognising tone of voice and consistent style.
- Have fun! Be young at heart.
- Ability to project manage and complete tasks from creative to implementation. Ie: direction of graphic design/artwork, source quotes, event planning, liaise with market managers, maintain partner relationships, prize and promotional planning, social media strategy.
- Prepare Marketing schedules and timelines. Assistance with quarterly planning.
- Follow news and emerging trends to develop content that is relevant to "each locations" audience.
- Plan specific content schedules in line with various social platforms usage, strategy and functionality
- Implement techniques that encourage conversation sharing and engagement.
- Ability to form and execute advertising and / or PR campaigns within a team.
- Carry out ad-hoc tasks which arise daily/weekly around the planning and execution of regular or seasonal events.
- Demonstrate an excellent awareness of Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn and various other mediums.
- Eye for detail in both video, photography and aesthetics.
- Superb grasp of the English language.
- Experience with hands-on administration and the ability to take ownership of daily/weekly tasks.
- Exceptional attention to detail and experience in a very busy office environment.
- Developing and managing marketing campaigns across traditional and digital platforms whilst identifying and creating new marketing initiatives and opportunities.
- Ability to manage issues and multiple stakeholders at all levels.
You have a strong awareness of database management, Mailchimp (or similar EDM's), Gmail, Adobe Illustrator or graphic design.
Have experience in content marketing, content creation (photo and video) skills.
Ability to assist across many areas in a diverse, energetic and busy office space. "Chipping in".
You are creative! Enjoy group interaction and conversations about "new ideas".
Most importantly, love interacting with your attendees/customers and seeing 'your' promotions bringing events to life! *While looking and sounding very polished.
**Occasional attendance at weekend markets will form part of this role.
If you are interested in this position, please ensure the words "peanut butter" is creatively included in your cover letter , along with a detailed CV.
Fortitude Valley based. Car parking provided.
***Australian residents or permanent visa holders ONLY please.***
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be contacted via phone or email.