Graphic Designer and Social Media Manager
Who we are:
An energetic, innovative, rapidly growing business based in Fortitude Valley. We host a number of Brisbane's best known local & weekend markets, ensuring set up, operation, customer enjoyment and quality is a key component in our day to day structure.
Essentially an event management company - we place a strong emphasis on customer service and creative concepts. Working with hundreds of unique vendors each week - we love promoting the many foods, sights, sounds, and characters that make up Brisbane's best markets and events!
What we do:
Goodwill Projects operates and manages a number of weekend markets & events across Brisbane and South-East Queensland.
Our markets are a genuine, fun, and low-cost alternative to shopping centres. We aim to bring unique goods and services, farm direct produce, live music and creative arts to the markets, while assisting micro businesses develop and grow.
About the role:
It's not often a role is solely focused on conveying food (glorious food), live music, fashion, accessories, handmade, lifestyle goods, gorgeous farm direct produce - and the amazing people who make it come together.
We are looking for an experienced Graphic Designer, who can also manage our social channels. While being exceptionally organised, you are able to move between different locations online, while remaining highly creative. Not just limited to puns, memes and one liners- you would be very aware of social trends, and possess excellent copy writing skills.
Looking after a number of different market locations, as well as pop up lane way bars, night markets, Christmas events, and large festivals - the ability to understand 'your customers' while fostering an edgy, creative, satirical, humorous, or informative persona via social media channels forms part of this role - as does organising the many daily and weekly promotional tasks (listed below).
*Exceptional organisation (diary, people, partner management), strong internal communication and a minimum of 3-year experience in a busy office are critical to this role.
*We are principally an event management company. Working within a fast-paced office, having ownership of tasks and accountability is an important part of this role.
Key features of this role:
- Ability to write humorous or informative copy - recognising tone of voice and consistent style. Ability to project manage and complete tasks from creative to implementation. Ie: direction of graphic design/artwork, source quotes, event planning, liaise with market managers, maintain partner relationships, prize and promotional planning, social media strategy. Source and compare quotes.
- Awareness of your surroundings. Your customers and your expectations as a customer.
- Experiencing the various projects, promotions and activations. Is this the best "we" can deliver?
- Conceptualisation and implementation of design from brief to execution.
- Design development and production of all company branding pieces.
- Develop graphic and creative work for our social media channels, site signs, branding to name a few.
- Assist in preparing Marketing schedules and timelines. Also quarterly planning.
- Follow news and emerging trends to develop content that is relevant to "each locations" audience.
- Assist in planning specific content schedules in line with various social platforms usage, strategy and functionality.
- Implement techniques that encourage conversation sharing and engagement
- Helping to form and execute advertising and / or PR campaigns within a team.
- Demonstrate an excellent awareness of Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and various other mediums.
- Eye for detail in both video, photography and aesthetics.
- Superb grasp of the English language.
- Experience with hands-on administration and the ability to take ownership of daily/weekly tasks.
- Carry out ad-hoc tasks which arise daily/weekly around the planning and execution of regular or seasonal events.
- Exceptional attention to detail and experience in a very busy office environment.
- Have fun! Be young at heart.
You have necessary qualifications in Design/Graphic Design. Proven commercial experience.
Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
You have a strong awareness and of database management, Mailchimp (or similar EDM's), Gmail, Adobe Illustrator or graphic design.
Experience proof checking ads and preparing files for print.
Have experience in content marketing, content creation (photo and video) skills.
Ability to assist across many areas in a diverse, energetic and busy office space. "Chipping in".
You are creative! Enjoy group interaction and conversations about "new ideas".
Most importantly, love interacting with your attendees/customers and seeing 'your' promotions bringing events to life! *While looking and sounding very polished.
**Occasional attendance at weekend markets will form part of this role.
If you are interested in this position, please ensure the words "Lettuce" is creatively included in your cover letter, along with a detailed CV.
Fortitude Valley based. Car parking provided.
***Australian residents or permanent visa holders ONLY please.***
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com
Successful candidates will be contacted via phone or email.